Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Account Hack Attempt

Lade
Pro
Account Hack Attempt
on: September 22, 2012, 00:11

15 minutes ago I got an email from ArenaNet for an authorization log in attempt. Apparently someone from Chengdu Province in China was trying to log on to my account. I changed my password but I didn't see any way to change my account name. Anyone know how to do this?

Now that I've thought about it, the reported IP could have been a proxy misdirection. The hacker could be here in the US. Doesn't change the matter. Either way, watch your accounts.

GeeViouS
Administrator
Re: Account Hack Attempt
on: September 22, 2012, 04:59

Sovran got the same thing a couple of days ago. Some other country though. I redid the email verification so that only her IP can log in. Along with changing her password. The account name change should be under Security or My Account somewhere on the website.

GeeViouS@Soundcloud
GeeViouS@Facebook
@GeeViouS
Like Me

dvil
on: September 22, 2012, 09:44

I had this happen ... but from my email address that I don't even use anymore because it got hit before for things. I never even had it set up for this game.

EDGEY
Administrator
on: September 22, 2012, 12:06

Just don't approve those other locations - I get about 2 a day.

You can also log in to your account in guildwars and check approved login locations.

http://www.edgey.net

Toxalry
Pro
on: September 24, 2012, 09:36

Yeah there has been a lot of account hacking attempts going on since the game released it has been more of an issue than the Black Lion Trading Co not working in the beginning. Hopefully ArenaNet can help sort it out soon.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.036 seconds.