Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1 2
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV

zleeper
Administrator
Final Fantasy XIV
on: February 24, 2013, 10:48

So, after the fiasco that was the first launch of this game, they been working on remaking it, this is some footage of the new game, seems ok i guess. Nothing new or unexpected, but i guess they had to stick with the norm so they woulnd screw it up a second time....

beta signup is underway, closed beta starts tomorrow it seems...

https://secure.square-enix.com/enqt/s/run?sq=a0a4a21b950491a5c4922c81a2a1d982dc419da6a13ab1514ca6a2fca92a5ca40146a01a60a7e8641acdcfa13c013ba19ca16051bda106a251bde2069069

Alpha Dungeon Footage

PS3 Control Footage

Exploration Footage

Toxalry
Pro
Re: Final Fantasy XIV
on: February 24, 2013, 19:24

I'm somewhat excited for this I signed up a while ago. I loved 11

Eowin
Beginner
on: February 26, 2013, 16:38

The first release of this game was terrible. I followed it for about a year. It was completely sub par to 11. I know they have been working on it, but not sure that anything could really tempt me to buy it now.

Toxalry
Pro
on: February 26, 2013, 20:13

That's what I heard so I wanna try the beta to se if they fixed it all

zleeper
Administrator
on: May 28, 2013, 22:25

Release Date for FFXIV: A realm reborn, August 27, 2013... guess that would be re-release date.

Lade
Pro
on: May 30, 2013, 23:53

I agree with Eowin in that the first release of this game was very bad indeed. After watching the linked videos the outlook for this franchise is dubious at best in the western hemisphere in my opinion.

Square Enix had the whole shot when it came to 'graphics in games' race but that just isn't enough these days for a successful IP (Intellectual Property) anymore. As shown in the gameplay videos they have failed to evolve with the rest of the world resulting in a tired static system that will never challenge the player. Who wants to stand in one place and watch global cooldowns refresh?

There may be a small market for anime fans for this game but it will not compete with current games in the same genre of today.

zleeper
Administrator
on: June 4, 2013, 21:32

I was looking forward to play this game because I want to know if they managed the save the franchise after that big fail... but since its going to be subscription based, it probably wont happen... 🙁

Eowin
Beginner
on: June 8, 2013, 13:04

Such a bad idea to make it sub based after the first failed launch. They should go the way of GW2 in that regard and they'd likely sell more copies.

zleeper
Administrator
on: July 15, 2013, 00:04

Update:

Just spent the last couple of weekends playing the beta... they game is awesome. My only complain, no new approaches. They didn't take a gamble on something new, is like a revamped, upgraded, and over polished version of ffxi. Still, is a great game, if you played the last one, you know what to expect. I was hoping for something new to the mmo table, sadly, nothing. Actually, there is one thing new, or at least I didn't see it before. You can have your mount fight with you... but no, no mounted Chocobo battles. It will just be like a pet that attacks, defend or heals you. Thought it was interesting... anyway, ill post some pics.

Sadly my toon is getting destroyed, there getting ready for the final phase which is a reset phase, at least I left my little guy looking at some cute kitties...

zleeper
Administrator
on: July 15, 2013, 00:10

Some pics..

Pages: 1 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.534 seconds.