Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: The Repopulation

Eowin
Beginner
The Repopulation
on: October 27, 2013, 14:49

Found this from an article at IGN

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/09/13/the-biggest-upcoming-mmos-you-need-to-have-on-your-radar

Thought it might be interesting for those of you who played SWG. It's still in Alpha, but looks pretty cool.

https://www.therepopulation.com/

Eowin
Beginner
Re: The Repopulation
on: October 29, 2013, 19:46

New Alpha footage- remember it`s in alpha.

Hoyce
on: November 2, 2013, 10:59

Has potential for sure.

Eowin
Beginner
on: September 30, 2014, 11:33

Update on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdOUvIZ5-MI#t=125

Hoyce
on: October 6, 2014, 15:27

I'm in. If it's half as cool as the video and is a no kidding sandbox, it's all I'll play.

zleeper
Administrator
on: October 13, 2014, 16:20

So how's the repop beta going? Is it good?

Hoyce
on: October 14, 2014, 15:51

No idea. I wish I was in.

Eowin
Beginner
on: October 14, 2014, 19:39

It's a kickstarter so you have to donate to get access. I haven't been able to do that just yet. The guys playing it in my guild in RIFT though are really liking it. Here is their top 5 reasons that they are excited about it:

. The Repopulation is being created by a totally independent developer. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about this. Sure its fantastic not having to deal with the red tape a distributor like Sony, Microsoft, EA or Activision might slam you with (not to mention deadlines) but after being in-game testing for Alpha and on the testing forums I can say its amazing when you are interacting directly with developers who are not only listening and making alterations based on the very feedback you provide, but they are players themselves and personally invested in making a great game!

2. While making sure to respect the NDA and not revealing game mechanics, themes, bugs, systems...etc...I can say that The Repopulation truly is a completely open world. During my testing I have found myself enjoying just exploring the countryside hunting down harvesting nodes and I look off into the distance and see a structure and think "I wonder what that is" and start heading over only to find another point of interest that I want to explore. Its just literally a game where you can truly make it what you want and to me that is HUGE not having the pressure of to complete "x, y and z" to feel like I am getting the most out of the game.

3. Again without breaking NDA I can firmly say if you remember and enjoyed the days of Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies, you will be in love with this title. Just trust me on this.

4. The community. Granted this is Alpha and nearly all of us are here because we are financial backers, but the community has been beyond top notch and helpful with one another. I include the devs in this as well since as stated before the players are also those helping to create the game.

5. A final note. I ran into a particular issue last night that I submitted a ticket for and within 10 minutes the creator of The Repopulation himself personally responded asking me to explain what was going on a bit further because he would like to assist me in getting it resolved. That is unheard of in major production house MMOs. Again, amazing experience.

So, I'm currently watching it closely- but haven't had any actual experience yet.

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.119 seconds.