Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: 1
Author Topic: Recent Ban-Waves

GeeViouS
Administrator
Recent Ban-Waves
on: August 27, 2012, 10:21

ArenaNetTeam posted to reddit about the recent bans.

Because I was curious about this issue, given that our Naming Policy is not that much different for the original Guild Wars, I've looked into your case with Customer Support.

Socratixa, you were not blocked for the reason you think you were blocked. Your account was suspended for the use of homophobic slurs / abusive language in chat.

As a note to everyone else: a lot of people who think they've been suspended for violations of the Naming Policy have actually been suspended for hate speech, harassment, and abuse against other players. Take these reports with a grain of salt, because you're not seeing the whole picture.

Thank you.

~RB

Currently Guild Wars 2 Guru has a thread with 600+ replies about the recent bans in game (for 72 hours)
Please be aware of your character names & Ranger pet names (no copyrighted or offensive) and foul language in chat for they are taking extreme measures with these offenses.

GeeViouS@Soundcloud
GeeViouS@Facebook
@GeeViouS
Like Me

Furfmonkey
Re: Recent Ban-Waves
on: August 27, 2012, 13:29

thats not you is it??

Furfmonkey
on: August 27, 2012, 13:53

i read most of the 600+ posts and found most of it entertaining .. weeding out the stupid and immature IMO

dvil
on: August 27, 2012, 14:17

I named my jaguar "Black Nana" in beta, maybe I shouldnt do that in live

GeeViouS
Administrator
on: August 27, 2012, 15:19

No I didnt get a ban, I do actually come up with good original names (not like the ones I have for gw2) usually if I am trying.

GeeViouS@Soundcloud
GeeViouS@Facebook
@GeeViouS
Like Me

Lade
Pro
on: August 27, 2012, 15:48

Have to remember this. Sometimes a joke in good humor does not translate in a transcription of chat text.

Niles
Beginner
on: August 27, 2012, 17:13

I'm all for coming up with an original name. Some of the folks in guild chat have some lame ass names, lol...

GeeViouS
Administrator
on: August 28, 2012, 08:01

UPDATE: Suspensions for Offensive Names and Inappropriate Behavior
We want to clear up some of the confusion about GW2 name and behavior suspensions. To keep Guild Wars 2 a pleasant place to be, we take action against racist names, hate speech, and other unacceptable behavior. We have suspended some accounts involved in the use of offensive character names or inappropriate chat. The number of account blocks is miniscule: less than .001% of our total player base.

When an account is blocked for a chat offense, the account is given a three-day suspension. When an account is blocked for an offensive name, the player is required to rename the character name and, in most cases, the account is also given a three-day suspension.

We have reviewed all the name suspensions currently in place. Where we could give some leeway, we removed the account suspension, which will allow those players to rename the character and rejoin the game. However, for substantially offensive names, we will keep the full three-day suspensions in effect.

In a few posts on Reddit and on fan forums, players have claimed they were suspended for using a harmless-sounding character name, when in fact they were suspended for a different and truly offensive character name on their account. Others claimed that they were not told why they were suspended, but the game does give a message that states the reason for the suspension. In every case we have double-checked, the action taken on the account was appropriate.

However, we'd like to clear up any misconceptions. If you think you were unfairly suspended, or if you'd like to know the specific chat or character name that got you suspended, post your character name and we’ll reply in graphic detail with the reason for the block. Warning: NSFW ahead!

You can read our name policy here. You can get a lot of good info about GW2 support policies in this doc.

GeeViouS@Soundcloud
GeeViouS@Facebook
@GeeViouS
Like Me

Pages: 1
Mingle Forum by cartpauj | ElegantPress by Theme4Press
Version: 1.0.33.3 ; Page loaded in: 0.058 seconds.